A perfect recipe for children with Mum to follow on shrove Tuesday, and very tasty with oodles of golden syrup, serves: 4
Self-raising flour, 110g (4oz)
Golden caster sugar, 15g
Egg, 1 large
Vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon
Loseley’s Rich and Creamy Plain Yoghourt, 150g (5oz)
Milk, 2 tablespoons
Vegetable oil, 2-3 teaspoons
Golden syrup, to serve
Suitable for vegetarians
1. Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl and stir in the sugar. Crack the egg into the middle, and then add the vanilla extract, Loseley’s Rich and Creamy Plain Yoghourt and milk.
2. Beat together with a wire whisk to make a smooth, thick batter. Next, heat a pancake pan – ideally, it should be very heavy with shallow sides.
3. Add a few drops of vegetable oil. Turn the heat to low, then drop tablespoons of the batter into the hot pan, allowing room for them to spread.
4. Cook over a medium heat until bubbles appear and the surface of the batter just begins to set – this will take about 2 minutes. Flip the pancakes over with a palette knife to cook on the other sides.
5. Cook the pancakes until golden brown, and then lift out onto sheets of kitchen paper. Keep them in a warm place whilst you cook the remaining batter, adding a few more drops of oil into the pan when needed.
6. Serve the pancakes when they are warm, drizzled with lots of golden syrup, or add a tablespoon of one of Loseley Yoghourts – why not try Caramelised Pear and Creamy Fudge.
On offer in the range are Loseley Rich & Creamy Plain Yoghourt; Rich & Creamy Peaches & Jersey Cream; Rich & Creamy Blackberry and Bramley Apple; Strawberries & Jersey Cream; Raspberries & Jersey Cream; Caramelised Pear & Creamy Fudge.